About the Committee
The members of the Service Committee help all Honors Program students complete the service requirement for graduating with honors, by coordinating service events and tracking hours. Each class is represented by one member of their class on the Service Committee; the co-chairs are elected by the entire honors student body.
- Introduce students to the service requirement during orientation
- Inform students of service opportunities
- Organize service events that provide at least 500 person-hours of service per semester
- Maintain a record of participation in service for each member of the Honors Program
- Promote a spirit of service in the Honors Program.
- Recognize extraordinary participation in honors service through awards and events